This simple recipe is for the Aldeburgh fisherman whose job at the moment when crab should be more plentiful is hampered by the presence of the Scottish Power survey rig, the farms whose asparagus harvest has been seriously affected by frost and the coldest of weather. Conditions like these make these products more precious … a luxury, so enjoy with every mouthful with a glass of wine or a Pimms.
Sizzling Crab and wild garlic butter with radish, boiled baby potatoes, grilled asparagus and glorious bread
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 70 g wild garlic, chopped
- 125 g crab meat and keep the shell
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place butter and wild garlic into a bowl, beat to combine.
- Add crab, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Place butter, garlic and crab mixture on a sheet of greaseproof paper, shape into a log and wrap.
- Twist ends so it looks like a cracker … freeze or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut of a chunk of the butter place into a clean crab shell.
- Place in a pre-heated oven (minimum 180c). 0n a bbq, in a fire or simply heat butter in a saucepan until forming and sizzling (5 to 10 mins )
- Remove and place shell on plate and surround with your choice of favourite sides … at New Street Market Canteen we serve it with whole radish, grilled asparagus, boiled baby potatoes, lettuce leaves, and bread … deeeeelicious
Chef Robbie’s delicious food can be enjoyed at The Canteen, New Street Market and he can be contacted at email@example.com