Zsofia Molnar lives in the heart of Woodbridge and makes some of the most delicious cakes in town. She has also kindly agreed to share some of her recipes with us here at theplace2be. So, rather than the traditional Simnel cake this Easter, why not try her stunning vegan chocolate fudge cake.
If baking isn’t your thing, don’t worry as Zsofia is taking orders on 8 inch cakes for the Easter weekend – from carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, to raspberry bakewell or tiramisu cake.
To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow Zsofia on Instagram at sophies_cakery_woodbridge
Vegan chocolate fudge cake
Start by making the ganache
- 350g vegan dark chocolate
- 350 ml full fat coconut milk ( from a tin, not the drinking kind)
- Place your chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk until it is just boiling and pour it ower the chocolate.
- Cover with a plate and set aside for a couple minutes.
- Stir until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Cover and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Vegan chocolate sponge
Preheat the oven to 180C
Grease two 8 inch/ three 6 inch baking tins and line them with parchment paper
- 360 ml soy/ almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 260 g granuated sugar
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (alt. vanilla extract)
- 230 g plain flour
- 80 g cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix your milk and the vinegar. It should curdle a little bit, don’t worry.
- Add oil, vanilla and sugar to the mixture and stir it well.
- Sift all your dry ingredients together (flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda)
- In three batches mix the wet mixture with the dry one.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared tins and bake for about 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted to the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cakes to cool in their tins for 30 minutes andthen carefully turn them out to a wire rack to cool completetly.
- To assemble the cake place one of the layers on your cake stand. Spread one third of the ganache on the cake and repeat. ( your ganace should be thick but easy to spread) If it’s too runny place it in the freezer for 10 minutes, if it’s too thick place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until it’s easy to spread)
- Decorate with fresh fruits, nuts, edible flowers or even vegan honeycomb.